:: Bored Lao Ye ::
On a fine day, Lao Ye came back from Japan after promoting his Initial T (Trishaw). He happily reached home, stepping into the courtyard, with big bags of souvenirs. Lao Ye looked around the big house, only to see Zhu Guan Jia sweeping. He had expect a big warm welcome from his mum, grandma, wife, mistress and everyone else but a cold wind blew past by and still, no one knew that he's home.
"Ma... Wo Hui Lai Le," he said monotonously.
"...Mai Go Ah Ne Pa Wa Ma Ma...," Zhu Guan Jia starts to sing automatically, after hearing the infamous line. But he continued, concentrating to sweep the dead leaves off the field, not knowing Lao Ye was standing at the big front door.
He sighed and shouted, "Niang Zi!", hoping that his wife will come out.
"Yo! 娘子卻依舊每日折一枝楊柳 妳在那裡niang zi yi jiu mei ri zhe yi zhi yang liu ni zai na li..." Zhu guan jia continued rapping the lines.
Three lines of sweat were formed on Lao Ye's forehead, "I really dont know what to say..."
"...Ah, okay. Ban Dao Tie He. Xie Xie! 走廊燈關上 zou lang deng guan shang 書包放 shu bao fang..." Zhu Guan Jia continued to be engrossed in Lao Ye's songs.
Lao Ye foresake talking to the pig and went straight in.
He stepped into the main hall and said out loudly, "I'M BACK!"
However the main hall is empty. Nanny walked past and he asked her, "Where's my mum and grandma?"
"Oh, they went to grand auntie's house. Eh, you're back ah? Take a seat, I'll get you some food to eat. Hungry?"
"Eh, where's wife?" Lao Ye asked.
"You want meatball soup or fishball soup?" Nanny asked.
"How about mistress?" Lao Ye asked again.
"Ah! I'll get you some fried chicken. You like that right?" Nanny said.
"Ya Huan leh?" Lao Ye continued asking.
"Okay, okay, I'll do the dishes now. I think I add in something else. Some fresh veggies from the backyard," and Nanny walked off to the kitchen.
Lao Ye sat sadly in the main hall and decided to go and look for Wife.
He reached Wife's room and went in happily. "Lao Po! I bought your favourite food!"
Wife took a glance and said, "Oh, you're back." She continued to face her pile of books on the table. "Vowels, nouns..." She read aloud.
Lao Ye walked forward and saw that Wife is busy with her studies. He sat beside her, hoping to find an opportunity to talk to her about his exciting trip.
Time passed by... tick tock tick tock... 10 mins.
He decided to leave the room, allowing her to study.
"Ah! Find Mistress!"
So, he walked into mistress's room, "Hello! Look what I've bought! Jap drama!"
Mistress took a glance and replied, "Pride? I had that already." She returned to what she was doing, reading from a book, "Zig Zag lines, no parking..."
Again, he sat beside her, wanting to tell her about his trip.
Time passed by... tick tock tick tock... 10 mins.
He decided to leave the room, allowing her to study.
"Hmm, I'm sure Ya Huan will be free!"
He went to the washing area, to find Ya Huan sitting on a stool, washing pairs of basketball shoes, but was busy glancing on the floor, on the other side.
"Ya Huan, I bought some clothings for you!"
"Lao Ye! You're back!" Ya Huan said happily. But soon, she quickly returned to her washing.
Lao Ye squatted beside her and looked at what she's doing. She was reading a biology book while washing.
Time passed by... tick tock tick tock... 10 mins.
He thought he'll be able to tell Ya Huan, but she's so busy and so he decided to leave.
He strolled sadly into the courtyard and hummed, "...wo hui fa zhe dai ran hou wei wei xiao..." He stopped upon seeing his grandma's dog.
The dog was happy to see him and wagged his tail.
He squatted and grabbed the dog, "Ah Wang, do you know that I had an exciting trip to Japan? I was there for my movie and a lot of people know about me! They shouted out my name! And the press over there were polite and did not asked stupid questions..."
As Lao Ye was talking to the dog, three ladies were looking at him from afar.
Mistress: "Tsk tsk tsk, I think he must be siao liao, talk to dog..."
Wife: "I think too stressed ah..."
Ya Huan: "Ya lor, so poor thing, so young only..."
Mistress: "Sigh, 26 yrs old only, had to face so many things..."
Wife: "Work, Family, Social pressure..."
Ya Huan: "No wonder need to talk to dog. Dog wont answer him anyway..."
Mistress: "I read that siao people will know what the dog is saying..."
Wife: "Of course what, siao what..."
Ya Huan: "Luckily he never talk to grass or flowers or sun..."
Mistress to Wife: "Eh, what are you doing here?"
Wife to Mistress: "You leh? No need study ah? Want to fail FTT this time round ah?"
Mistress to Wife: "Say people say yourself! You better study or else I have to go to jail ah!"
Ya Huan: "Ya lor!"
Mistress + Wife to Ya Huan: "And WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! Finished washing basketball shoes ah?"
Ya Huan hurried off and Wife, Mistress scurried back to study.
Lao Ye continued talking to Dog: "...I felt so carefree there! And then there's no paparazzi there, you know! But still, I was caught on camera with Patty by Hongkong paparazzi... hopefully, wife and mistress dont read magazines. Ah, you must help me to tear up the magazine if you sees it, okay?"
No comments:
Post a Comment