Monday, September 12, 2005

:: The Battle of the Mp3 Players ::

It all began on a bright sunny afternoon.

Wife stamped her feet hard and walked into the main hall.

Wife: "AAHHHH! Paiseh liao ah! Now everyone knows...!"

Ya Huan was feeding fishball ah boy at the table there.

Ya Huan: "Aiyo, what happened?"

Wife throwed out her Nokia 6670 on the floor and said, "Spoilt liao lah... I want a new mp3 player..."

At the same point, Mistress walked out from her room, holding her 'dying' MD. She cried out loud.

Mistress: "*Sniff sniff* Cannot upload liao... It's as good as a dead one..."

She walked over and sat beside Wife.

Ya Huan saw the two sad ladies and took out something from under the table and placed it on the tabletop.

Ya Huan: "Nah..."

Mistress and Wife take a look at the casette tape radio placed on the table.

Wife: "I dont have casette tape leh."

Mistress: "What's this? I never used it before..."

Dejectedly, Ya Huan took back her radio set, "Lao Ye bought for me one..."

Wife to Mistress: "Eh, got any recommendations or not?"

Mistress: "Got... You want flash drive or hard drive? How many MBs or GBs? I think at least 1 GB will do..."

Just as the two were chit chatting happily in technical terms on the types of the mp3 players, from Zen Neon to Zen Micro, iPod Mini to iPod Nano.

Lao Ye came back, seeing the two chit chatting.

Lao Ye: "Aiyo, my two lovers are so kind to each other ah."

Mistress: "Lao Ye...!"

She ran over and hugged him, while taking his wallet out from his back pocket.
Mistress: "I want to buy...Eh?"

She stopped talking after seeing the wallet with only $5 inside.

Mistress: "...Eh...No cash... Card leh?"

"With me," Wife flashed her platinium card.

Wife walked over to Lao Ye and leaned on his shoulder, "I swiped hor..."

Lao Ye looked at his two lovers with his tiny eyes, "Erm, I cancelled the card already."

Wife and Mistress stared at him: "W-WHAT!"

Lao Ye rubbed his chin, "The bank called me and told me someone swiped over $15,000 at Louis Vuitton..."

Wife pointed at Mistress. Mistress looked away at the sky.

Lao Ye: "...And $20000 at Gucci..."

Mistress stared at Wife, thinking, "$20,000! $5000 more than me!"

Lao Ye: "...Sigh, I still dont know who pirated my card. Wife, you better cut the card away. Some conspiracy duo is forging my card and spending..."

Wife: "...Oh..."

Lao Ye: "Eh, what did the two of you said that you wanted to buy?"

Wife and Mistress said in a low voice, "... mp3 player..."

Lao Ye: "MP3 PLAYER?! Do you know mp3 means pirating my music? And do you know how much lesser I've earned? All the downloadings in the net caused me to lose out on my copyrights earnings!"

Wife and Mistress kept quiet. They knew Music meant a lot to Lao Ye.

Lao Ye: "Sigh... but still money is still important. They made me endorsed for this new mp3 player."

He flashed out his endorsement product.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The swarovski crystals on the player bling-bling in the main hall.

Mistress screamed out immediately, "Ah, idiot! Stop flashing me your $500+ mp3 player!"

Wife: "Ya lah! Somemore 512MB only!"

Lao Ye: "But... but... got crystals leh..."

Mistress: "I might as well buy and paste on my ipod ah!"

Wife felt a giddy spell, "What happened to my clever lao ye... Endorsing such a product..."

Lao Ye unhappily fiddled with the player, "Nobody like my player..."

"I like..."

Lao Ye turned and saw Ya Huan standing beside him.

He smiled and gave it to Ya Huan, "Now, that's my Ya Huan..."

So Lao Ye walked off with Ya Huan and fishball boy, leaving Wife rubbing hong yew on her forehead and Mistress took out her calculator to find out the pricing of the crystals...

No comments: